What do you do when one's perspective is not similar to yours? Many times, I would hear the person out but at times, my flesh get the best of me - I find myself defending my perspective. Maybe you have encountered such situations, maybe you have not. But tht is not really the point of this post rather it is to share what I've caught today. :)
Many times we may tend to get so caught up with defending ourselves in a particular situation that we fail to see things from others' perspectives. Today, God took me a step back and made me stand from a new angle. Rather than seeing pride at its best if it were to be from my angle, I saw humility at is best from God's angle. Humility actually comes from the confidence in who we are in God. Difference in perspectives does not mean it endangers our positions but it simply means we are all different.
We are all not the same and we all know that. God has such a beautiful idea of diversity and that includes our perspectives of everything. If we were to take every opportunity of dealing with people as an opportunity to discover God's beautiful diversity, we would not be so busy defending our own perspectives. It is a process of learning about the other parts of the body of Christ. If we expect all the other body parts to be like us, we would not function well. Imagine all the other body parts wanting to be like the hand - the body would be so limited. Therefore, such humility relates so much to unity.
I'm not saying that others' perspectives are always right and ours are always wrong or vice versa but every opportunity with dealing with others is a way of discovering God's beautiful diversity and to learn from one another. You may also be suprised if another's perspective is one that is the right path to take. :) such light has made me see something new when humility calls and I hope it would do you the same.
May. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment